|At Lafayette Savings Bank we pride ourselves on our commitment
to the community and we extend that commitment to our employees
Take a tour through our job listings. A new and rewarding
career could be just a click away!
This position is responsible for assisting the Controller in the areas of daily accounting functions, end of period closing duties, external reporting functions, internal management reporting, process improvement implementation and quarterly SEC, regulatory and tax responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area of study.
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience, preferably in banking, public accounting or a related financial services industry. Experience as a bank controller would be ideal.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel, Access and Word.
- Understanding of a core financial services transaction processing system and the ability to analyze transaction flows.
- Ability to research transactional processes within the appropriate accounting, regulatory or tax guidance.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- To understand the functioning of the financial systems of the bank and eventually direct them
- Perform selected Daily/EOM/EOQ/EOY accounting duties as assigned
- Research and analyze monthly transaction activity for significant variances
- Analyze SEC and Call Report information prior to submission deadlines
- Create ancillary SEC and Call Report schedules as assigned
- Backup the Accounts Payable, Investor Accounting and Supplies Inventory functions
- Assist in the analysis of process changes or new processes, revise or develop procedures, determine impact on internal controls and create an overall risk analysis of the change
- Assist with external audits and reviews as needed, and
Monthly, Quarterly or Annual reports and duties as assigned.
Chief Lending Officer
This position is responsible for leading, managing and directing the day-to-day operations of the lending and credit administration functions of the bank.
Specific responsibilities will be to:
- Coach, mentor and develop commercial, consumer and residential lenders as well as credit and special assets departments
- Plan, develop and recommend policies and procedures for the safe and sound credit operations and administration of the bank
- Provide guidance on loan pricing – work with CFO to ensure attainment of profit objectives
- Proactively manage the bank’s loan portfolio for quality and profitability. Monitor trends in overall asset quality, delinquencies, collections, concentrations, etc
- Identify problem loan relationships; prepare reports for management and directors and direct workout efforts
- Establish loan loss reserves and ensure bank receives satisfactory or higher ratings for all credit-related examinations
- Ensure compliance with applicable bank regulations through periodic training of staff and compliance reviews
- Serve as chairman of the asset review committee
- Develop performance standards and compensation strategies for loan officers and key staff
- 15 or more years financial services experience; with 10 or more years in credit/lending industry
- At least 5 years direct experience working with troubled assets
- 7-10 year’s progressively responsible supervisory, management, lending and credit experience
- Superior planning and administration skills required
- Ability to review and interpret banking laws and regulations
- Ability to author policies, procedures, and prepare credit/loan reports for the board of directors, asset review committee and for regulatory agencies as required
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, customers, regulators and staff verbally and in writing
- Superior analytical, organizational, customer service and sales skills
- Some legal training in contracts, liens and collections desirable
- Willingness to be actively involved in the community
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in finance, business or related field, post graduate studies a plus
This position is responsible for (1) coordinating and processing the bi-weekly payroll, and (2) assisting with general administrative duties that support various human resource initiatives, while ensuring data integrity, accuracy, confidentiality and timely processing in all areas.
Process weekly time keeping records and reports; Assist with new employee/user set up; Act as a point of contact for user questions; Act as a point contact with vendor to ensure accurate and efficient use of system.
Process employee maintenance items in the payroll system (new employee set up, employee data changes, etc) and maintain the paid time off database.
Create pre-process spreadsheets to include or to calculate special pays, deductions, and/or various other adjustments.
Prepare employee payroll batches including the importing of employee hours from the timekeeping system and imputing special pays and/or adjustments.
Review pre-process registers for accuracy prior to submission to payroll vendor.
Process all post-payroll audits, tasks, and reports (payroll review, employee 401k contribution file submission, paid time off audit, performance review tracking, finance report submissions.
Act as a point of contact between the Bank and payroll vendor to trouble shoot and find solutions.
Maintain and process employee benefit selections for all plans offered; Reconcile monthly vendor invoices to employee benefit selections and payroll deductions.
Maintain careers mailbox; download and import employment applications; Maintain database.
Assemble new employee benefit mailings and prepare new hire orientation documents.
Coordinate employee anniversary recognition program; Maintain database and inventory.
Coordinate ordering, verifying and distribution of employee business cards and name plates
Maintain filing of items for employee files.
Assist in coordinating open enrollment efforts for various benefits.
Respond to verifications of employment.
Respond to various audits and census requests, as necessary.
Assist with HR projects, data entry, administrative assignments as needed.
- Three or more years' current payroll processing experience with knowledge of payroll best practices and procedures
- Strong PC skills required, specifically in MS Excel and Word
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise extreme discretion
- Ability to manage workflow priorities and to meet routine deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- The successful candidate is one who enjoys steady and routine administrative work
Lafayette Savings Bank is an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Lafayette Savings Bank is a smoke free and tobacco free workplace.
- Submit an
- E-mail your resume or work history, including a MS Word
cover letter and resume to Human
- Fax your resume or work history, including a brief cover
letter to (765) 742-0354.
- Visit any branch location
to complete an Employment Application.
- Mail your resume or work history including a brief cover
Lafayette Savings Bank
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 1628
Lafayette, IN 47902
OVERVIEW OF BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive compensation package, benefits, and
opportunity for career growth including:
- 401K Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental - Optical Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
^ Back to Top ^